Placement Rate Calculation Information
All placement rates utilized in the disclosures provided on the Institute of Production and Recording (IPR) website are calculated in accordance with the requirements of the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). For a full explanation of the ACCSC employment definition, please visit: ACCSC Standards of Accreditation and by Laws. The “Guidelines for Employment Classification” can be found in Appendix VII, p. 118.
As described in the ACCSC Standards of Accreditation (Appendix VII, p. 118):
The school must be able to justify the classification of each graduate as employed in a training related field and maintain verifiable employment records using the following guidelines. In accordance with Section I (A)(1)(d) Substantive Standards, Standards of Accreditation, the school should have and adhere to policies or protocols in regard to these guidelines (reasonable time period, sustainability, relatedness, etc.).
- The employment classification is appropriate and reasonable based on the educational objectives of the program.
- The employment is for a reasonable period of time, is based on program objectives, and can be considered sustainable (e.g., not a single day of employment).
- The employment is directly related to the program from which the individual graduated, aligns with a majority of the educational and training objectives of the program, and is a paid position.
Additional detail regarding these definitions can be found via the link provided above.
The ACCSC employment rate calculation includes students who began a program of study within a particular year (depending on reporting year and program length), and completed their program of study within 150% of the normal time to completion. The rate is calculated as follows:
(Graduates within 150% of Program Length Employed In Field)
(Graduates within 150% of Program Length – Exclusions)
The ACCSC employment rate calculation excludes graduates falling into any of the following categories:
- Further education (at an accredited postsecondary institution, at least half-time)
- Active military service deployment
- The onset of a medical condition that prevents employment
- International students who have returned to their country of origin
For a full list of exclusions by category for the placement rate provided in each Institute of Production and Recording (IPR) program disclosure, please click on the following link: