IPR presents Music in the Park is coming up on Thursday, August 20th!
Whether by train or car, here are the directions to Minnehaha Falls:
Via Light Rail Transit:
- The closest LRT station to IPR is on South 5th St between Hennepin Avenue and First Ave North. It’s about a 10 minute walk from IPR.
- Trains run every 5-10 minutes, and it is a 20 minute ride to the Minnehaha Park station.
- If you have a Go-To College Pass or a 31-Day Pass, this serves as your fare to ride the train. If you have a Stored Value Card, you can use it to get a bus transfer, which serves as your fare to ride the train. If you don’t have a transit pass of any sort, you can buy a train ticket using a machine on the station platform. Don’t ride a train without a pass; if you get caught by transit security you will be fined!
- Take a southbound train from the Warehouse District station to the Hiawatha Ave/50th St/Minnehaha Park station.
- After exiting the train, cross Hiawatha Avenue.
- Once across the street, follow the trails heading to the left. These run parallel to Minnehaha Avenue and will lead you to Minnehaha Creek.
- Once across the creek, head to the right and look for the bandshell!
- From IPR, head SE on Washington Avenue until you get to 35-W.
- Take a right onto 35-W South.
- Keep left and follow the signs for MN-55/Hiawatha Ave.
- Merge onto Hiawatha Ave. Continue on Hiawatha until E 46th St.
- Turn left at E 46th St.
- Turn right at Minnehaha Ave.
- Minnehaha Ave will bring you to a traffic circle. Don’t freak out! This is where you decide to park.
- To park on the street, continue halfway around the traffic circle to continue on Minnehaha Ave. There are street parking spaces ahead.
- Go ¾-ways around the traffic circle to head toward a pay lot. You can choose to use an automated pay station or park at a meter.
- Beware 2-hr parking spots. Vehicles parked longer than 2 hours will be towed.
See you at the show! Remember: Thursday, August 20th, 5-9PM, All Ages & FREE!