Life in Minneapolis
IPR is located in downtown Minneapolis, the epicenter of the state, right in the heart of the Warehouse District. We are in a thriving hub of business, sports, arts, entertainment, shopping and culture. When you are not in class, there will be no shortage of things to keep you busy. We are located just blocks from the Target Center, Target Field, the State and Orpheum Theaters, music venues like First Avenue and the Fine Line and countless restaurants and retail outlets.
Minnesota is the home of:
- Many talented artists including Prince, Bob Dylan, Atmosphere, Quiet Drive, Doomtree, Husker Du, The Coen Brothers, Vince Vaughn and Jessica Biel.
- Numerous arts and music festivals including Soundset, Basilica Block Party, Stone Arch Bridge Festival, Twin Cities Jazz Festival, Rock the Garden for Music & Arts festival, Uptown Art Fair, Edina Art Fair and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Film Festival
- A diverse music scene that includes hip hop, indie rock, jazz and classical chamber orchestra
- A rich theater scene – Minneapolis is second only to New York City in live theater per capita, according to Meet Minneapolis, Convention and Visitors Association
- A strong advertising market with more than two dozen agencies in downtown Minneapolis alone
- One of the last surviving video game print publications, Game Informer
- 18 Fortune 500 companies – the second most per capita. Among them: UnitedHealth Group, 3M, Target, Medtronic, Best Buy and General Mills, according to the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
- An unemployment rate well below the national average, according to MN DEED and the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In fact, The Atlantic says the Twin Cities actually have the highest employment rate for 18-to-34-year-olds in the country
- Five professional sports teams: Twins, Vikings, Wild, Timberwolves and Lynx
- The country’s first indoor shopping mall, Southdale, and its largest, Mall of America
- Countless innovations including: the cardiac pacemaker, the mechanical heart valve, the supercomputer, rollerblades, waterskiing, the snowmobile, the flight data recorder (or black box), Post-It notes, retractable seatbelts and more, reports MN DEED
- Endless outdoor activities from snowboarding, cross-country skiing and sledding to hiking, biking and fishing.
- 15,291 lakes – and those are just the ones over 10 acres, according to the Minnesota Historical Society
Find It in Minnesota
Whatever you are looking for, chances are you will find it in Minnesota. Experience four breathtaking seasons with beautiful scenery and a variety of parks and year-round recreational activities. Enjoy serene rural living or city life with a rich arts culture, vibrant music scene and strong economy.
Whether you prefer to walk, bike, ride the bus or hop on the light rail, you’ll find plenty of convenient transportation options to get you to and from campus and around town. There are also a variety of affordable housing options sure to fit any lifestyle not too far from IPR.
Check us out. You’ll be glad you did!