Music Theory, Vocal Performance
Mary Jane Alm has toured internationally, been featured on national network TV and performed on stage for some of America’s largest corporations. Today, she continues a busy gig schedule with both her own band and with a show band called Synergy, which tours the corporate client world.
Mary Jane’s first album, Prisoner of the Heart, was recorded in Minneapolis. Two more albums, Blue Earth and Too True, were recorded in Nashville and in various studios in the Twin Cities, including Paisley Park.
Her latest album, Me and The Wild Blue, was recorded in the IPR studios. It was produced and mixed by Grammy winner and audio production and engineering program chair, Steve Hodge.
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- General Mills
- Johnson & Johnson
Performed with or opened for:
- Charlie Daniels
- David Byrne of the Talking Heads
- Jimmy Webb
- Marie Osmond
- Michael Johnson
- The Judds
- Willie Nelson
Worked locally with:
- The Rupert’s Orchestra
- Women Who Cook
Honors & Awards
- 15 Minnesota Music Awards, including “Best Female Vocalist” and “Artist of the Year”
- Twice inducted into the Minnesota Music Hall of Fame as a solo artist and a member of City Mouse
- Grammy-nominated, Emmy Award winner and Parents’ Choice Award winner for one of her five albums with the Music Workshop for Kids