Dear IPR Students:
Welcome and Happy New Year! Winter quarter 2008 promises to be full of opportunity for growth and exploration. Your success is up to you and the time and effort you commit. We have a few updates:
• Brian Jacoby (formerly Director of Research and Development) has accepted the role of Director. Brian’s hard work and dedication to quality has been vital to IPR’s success to date.
• Steve Hodge will be joining IPR as the new Program Chair for the Audio Production and Engineering program. Steve’s career as a multi-platinum and Grammy Award winning engineer speaks for itself, but his reputation as a forward thinking engineer and producer is what excites us most to have him join our team in developing our program to ensure successful careers for our students.
• As always, attendance is crucial. Please review the attendance policy. Class session make-ups are rarely approved and are based on extenuating circumstances. If you miss class, it is your responsibility to talk to your instructor and determine if a make-up is warranted. If you are dropped from a course, it is too late to make up attendance. Students must pay to retake the course.
• There are many resources at IPR to advise and help you be successful. Everyone from administrative and facility staff to faculty are here to help students. Do not hesitate to stop anyone who works at IPR and ask for help. We have experienced some structural changes and trust we will be able to deliver an even higher level of service. Remember these key contacts for your questions:
o Faculty – Develop good working relationships with your teachers. Take advantage of their office hours regularly.
o Student Affairs team –
• Dean of Students – Rebecca Buller in her new role and as in the past, is dedicated to student success. Feel free to contact her.
• Student Success Coordinator – Adam Levy is here to help you navigate your educational experience. If you are having difficulties keeping it all together, make an appointment to see him. He can get you headed in the right direction.
o Student Services – Visit them for questions about campus activities and groups or for personal resources such as health care, housing and transportation.
o Admissions Representatives – From the moment you commit to attend, each representative is invested in your success and will help direct you throughout your IPR educational experience.
• Registration for Spring Quarter – Go directly to the Registrar when you receive the notice to register for next quarter. Nicole Drilling and Ana Peterson are ready to lead you on a path toward graduation. Prepare yourself by picking up a course schedule booklet and come to the Registrar with a plan. If you have specific questions about courses, contact the instructor or talk to Program Chairs.
• Be sure to mark your calendars for the Student Success Seminar January 28th. More details will be available soon.
Have a great quarter and be sure to let us know how we can help you make the most of your time at IPR.
IPR Director of Admissions, Owner
Brian Jacoby, Director