IPR’s Admissions and Education Staff Host Open House – This Saturday!
IPR is pleased to welcome students, prospective students, employers, their friends and families, and members of the general community to an Open House this Saturday from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
Come see IPR’s new state-of-the-art 50,000 square foot campus located at 300 North First Ave, in Downtown Minneapolis. The new location is in the heart of Minneapolis’ Music and advertising scene and features recording, video, photography and design studios and facilities in a historic warehouse building on the corner of First Avenue North and 3rd Street North (yes, that’s right up the street from the famous First Avenue music venue).
Student housing community representatives will be on site to talk with potential students about options for students attending IPR.
IPR’s Program Chairs and faculty including, Kevin Bowe, Jeff Deslauriers, Bob Jenkins and Mitch Hare, as well as Director of Career Services and Director of Financial Aid will present free seminars including:
Songwriting Master Class
- Hooks, titles and choruses
- Publishing and copyrights
Do You Pay for Music?
What You Need to Know About Making a Career in the Creative Media Arts
- Intellectual Property – What is it?
- The Effect of Digital on Artists and Consumers
- The Future of Paying for Creative Content
Sound Design Explained
- Introduce the craft of sound design (audio post production).
- Explain what forms of media utilize sound design: Film, TV, Video Games, etc.
- Demonstrate/show example of sound design project
- Necessary Information to Include
- Organizing your Resume
- Job Search Protocol
- Scholarship search sites
- Top 6 reasons your essay might not win you a scholarship
- I applied for a scholarship, now what?