Associate Campus Director
Program Chair: Digital Video and Media Production
Trey is one of the Twin Cities’ leading educators and advocates for youth in digital arts. He was a Coordinator and founding teacher at the Digital Media Academy, a digital arts program for Minneapolis high school students. Under his leadership the academy grew from a loose collection of electives to a thriving career academy and a destination school for digital media, particularly for Minneapolis’ under-served, at-risk youth.
Trey is the Founder and Executive Director of the EDU Film Festival. Founded in 2007, EDU is Minnesota’s premier film festival for high school video students. The festival draws hundreds of submissions each year and allows students from across the state to screen their work, interact with their peers, and participate in Q&As with industry professionals.
In his role as Coordinator for the DMA, Trey cooperated with faculty and students at Globe Education Network’s creative media departments to create applied learning experiences that paired high school students, college students, and industry professionals. The collaborations resulted in highly successful, nationally recognized music video productions for hip-hop acts Atmosphere and Astronautalis.
Trey is the co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer for the Northern Film Alliance, a nonprofit whose mission is to aid in the production and exhibition of regionally made film and video as well as serve as an educational conduit for under-served, emerging filmmakers.
Trey is the Associate Campus Director at IPR and leads both the Digital Video and Media Production and the General Education Departments.
- B.F.A., Screenwriting: Metropolitan State University
- MDE Licensure, Communication and Language Arts: Augsburg College
- Masters of Business Administration, Globe University (in progress)
- Board Chair, Northern Film Alliance
- Board Member, Minnesota Transitions Charter Schools
- Austin Film Festival Screenwriting Competition, Semifinalist: Clara Blurr
- The Sundance Screenwriting Workshop, Semifinalist: Clara Blurr, Pickpockets and Loose Women
- The Chesterfield Company’s Writer’s Film Project, Semifinalist
- Cynosure Screenwriting Awards, Quarterfinalist
- Nicholls Fellowship, Quarterfinalist