Post-Production, Orchestration, Scoring, Music Theory
Bob Jenkins has been a professional musician since he was 15 years old. His musical career includes performing as a trombonist, conducting orchestras on stage and in the recording studio and composing and arranging music for advertising, films and records.
Bob played as principal trombone for Woody Herman, the Glenn Miller Orchestra, the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra, the Jimmy Dorsey Orchestra, Bob Crosby, Xavier Cugat, Paul Lavalle’s Band of Americaand the Omaha Symphony Orchestra.
Bob has composed and produced music for Ashland Oil, Arby’s, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Burger King, Dodge Dealers, Dow Chemical, Ford, Gillette, Kelloggs, Lee Jeans, Lincoln/Mercury, McDonalds, Metromedia TV, Mutual of Omaha, NCAA Final Four, Old Home Bread, Pillsbury, Pizza Hut, Polaris, Purina, Roto-Rooter, Schlitz, 7-Up, SuperAmerica, Target, Tony’s Pizza, Union Pacific, Walmart, WCBS TV, Yellow Pages and many more.
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- College of St. Thomas, St. Paul
- Bob has conducted for Andy Griffith, Bob Hope, Jack Benny, Four Lads, Ernie Ford, Marilyn Maye and others.
- “Iron Will” (Walt Disney Pictures) Produced pre-record music cues
- “Running Free” (Trimark Pictures) Composed and conducted orchestral music score
- “Out Of The Wilderness” (BRI Pictures) Composed and conducted orchestral music score
- “Murder At 1600” (Warner Brothers) Composed “CNN News Theme”
- “Split-Rock Light” (TV Documentary) Composed and conducted orchestral music score
- “Into The West” (Union Pacific/Expo 73 Documentary) Composed and conducted orchestral music score
Honors & Awards
- CLIO Award – Best Campaign for Old Home Bread
- Cannes Film Festival Gold Lion Award – WCBS TV Promotional campaign
- Hollywood Radio and TV Society – Yellow Pages commercials
- New York Art Directors – Union Pacific TV Campaign
- Many other national, regional and local awards