IPR Students, Faculty and Staff,
Many have asked about how our attendance policy will be applied on Thursday as we take time to remember Mary Ann O’Dougherty. The following was developed yesterday at the faculty meeting.
- First session classes will meet as usual – those beginning between 9:30-10:00.
- Second session classes will begin as usual at 12:30 – if you have a class at 12:30 you should report to class.
- Faculty and students wishing to attend the memorial will be excused at 1:00.
- Students and faculty who do not wish to attend may continue with classes as usual, or in the case where the faculty member is gone, and students remain, an independent assignment will be provided.
- Faculty may cancel third session classes that begin at 3:00 pm to take part in the memorial. Students will be excused from attendance to attend the memorial or will be provided with an independent assignment.
- Thursday evening classes beginning between 5:30 and 6 will meet as usual. Students and Faculty should report to class.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY EMAIL YOUR INSTRUCTOR(S) and let them know of your intent on Thursday.
This is a difficult time for many. We all grieve in different ways. Through it all, we must remember and honor our friend, colleague and teacher by being our best selves, maintaining professional behavior, and continue the educating process. This is what Mary Ann would want. If there are any questions, please feel free to contact me.
In Celebration of Mary Ann O’Dougherty
Memorial service and celebration of Mary Ann’s life Thursday, March 5th, 2:00-4:00 p.m. at the Loring Pasta Bar: 327 – 14th Street SE, Minneapolis 55414, (612) 378-4849. In lieu of flowers, memorials preferred to White Earth Reservation or donor’s choice.
IPR Community Celebration – Monday, March 9th, 3:00-5:00 p.m. in Robinson Hall. Bring your instruments, stories and memories and share them with our IPR family.